Spring Clean Your Wardrobe With Top Stylist Deborah Sheridan-Taylor15/03/2015
Spring Summer High Street Wardrobe Updates
1. A Bomber JacketThese are not going anywhere, and this lightweight, white, with cut-out detail can be dressed up with a black jumpsuit and heels or down with denim and sneakers
2. A Midi SkirtFlattering and long enough to go bare legged. Smart enough for the office with a white shirt and heals Or dress down with a t-shirt and ballerina flats for weekends
3. FlaresChannel 70’s chic, with a well-cut, tailored pair of quality jeans that can be worn with just about everything. A welcome break from your trusted skinnies
4. Tank teesPerfect under blazers, tucked in to skirts or jeans, or layered together. Go for a longer length in a racer back style cut
5. Shoe bootsWith an essential cut-out detail, a block healed version is comfortable as well as chic and easy enough to pound the pavements in
Key Tips from Deborah Sheridan-Taylor on how to edit your Wardrobe
Deborah Sheridan-Taylor is a stylist with a difference. She is acutely aware how people and fashions change. Her styling approach is one that focuses on the individual, how you feel, not your clothes, not your style nor fashion, but you. Her aim is to empower the individual, enabling you to do what you do better, whether you’re a banker, lawyer, entrepreneur, other or mother.
Deborah offers three different services, a simple edit and add review service of your wardrobe, a personal shopping or a sourcing service.
Deborah is offering FIVE lucky people 25% off her services for a limited time only. For your chance to benefit from this exclusive discount, all you need to do is e-mail [email protected] explaining why you would like to win a personal styling session.
TIP 1: ENJOY THE MOMENTFirstly, this is the most wonderful time of year, just the mere thought of wearing less is inspiring! We've all been looking through magazines etc, at what we 'should' all be wearing in the up coming months. As a rule, I never EVER like to totally embrace any new season's looks, from head to toe. I find, sometimes just a gentle nod in the right direction, can really, subtly, be all you need to bring your look up to speed! For me, as a rule of thumb, head to toe anything, be it vintage, high-end, or high-street almost immediately seems unfashionable and 'try hard'. Always, always incorporate diversity into your look, variation can make all the difference. I quote Oscar de la Renta, "Fashion is about dressing according to what's fashionable. Style is more about being yourself"
TIP 2: LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE GOT!Always good to check through your existing wardrobe first, begin to re-aquaint yourself with what you already have, fashion is cyclical, everything has been around before, so do check out for stuff you may already have. A fabulous piece you may already own that's crushed down at the back of your wardrobe, could be just the thing to influence and re-ignite in numerous new looks!
An e.g. of an old existing 'fringed jacket' which I already had and is a huge story this coming season. I haven't worn this in years, but, thrown together with a silk tee, skinny black flared jeans and a pair of stacked heels and I've instantly up-dated my look for this spring.